Vertica is a cluster-based, column-oriented database tool. Vertica Analytics Platform is designed to manage large, fast-growing volumes of data and provide very fast query performance when used for data warehouses and other query-intensive applications. The product claims to drastically improve query performance over traditional relational database systems, provide high-availability, and petabyte scalability on commodity enterprise servers. Vertica’s specialized approach aims to significantly increase query performance in data warehouses, while reducing the total cost of ownership by reducing the hardware footprint.
- Understand how Vertica solves big data problems. Deploy and manage the Vertica Analytics Platform.
- You will learn how Vertica solves big data problems and the skills needed to deploy and manage the Vertica Analytics Platform.
- The class combines lecture with a series of lab exercises designed to provide the user with hands on activities with a complete Vertica environment.
- This certification is targeted at Vertica system administrators, database analysts, and application developers, concerned with the deployment and management of Vertica solutions to solve Big Data problems
- A working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with database design concepts
- At least one year of experience working in a Linux environment