SAP HANA is an in-memory data platform that is deployable as an on-premise appliance, or in the cloud. It is a revolutionary platform that’s best suited for performing real-time analytics, and developing and deploying real-time applications. At the core of this real-time data platform is the SAP HANA database which is fundamentally different than any other database engine in the market today.
Whenever companies have to go deep within their data sets to ask complex and interactive questions, and have to go broad (which means working with enormous data sets that are of different types and from different sources) at the same time, SAP HANA is well-suited. Increasingly there is a need for this data to be recent and preferably in real-time. Add to that the need for high speed (very fast response time and true interactivity), and the need to do all this without any pre-fabrication (no data preparation, no pre-aggregates, no-tuning) and you have a unique combination of requirements that only SAP HANA can address effectively. When this set of needs or any subset thereof have to be addressed (in any combination), SAP HANA is in its elements.
Analytics and Applications
- Real-time analytics – The Categories of Analytics which HANA specializes
- Operational Reporting–This covers Sales, Financial, Shipping Reporting, Purchasing Reporting andMaster Data Reporting.
- Data Warehousing–BW customers can run their entire BW application on the SAP HANA platform leading to unprecedented BW performance, a dramatically simplified IT landscape, and makefaster decisions.
- Predictive and Text analysis on Big Data–SAP HANA provides the ability to perform predictive and text analysis on large volumes of data in real-time.
- Real-time applications – The Categories of Applications which HANA specializes
- Core process accelerators–Transactional data is replicated in real-time from ECC into HANA for immediate reporting, and then results can even be fed back into ECC.
- Planning, Optimization Apps–SAP HANA excels at applications that require complex scheduling with fast results, and SAP is delivering solutions that no other vendor can match.
- Sense & response apps–These applications offer real-time insights on Big Data such as smart meter data, point-of-sale data, social media data, and more. They involve complexities such as personalized insight and recommendations, text search and mining, and predictive analytics.
- Analyze business in real time
- Combine online analytical processing and predictive and text data analysis for complete data exploration
- Deploy business applications without traditional data limits and complexity
- Deliver more functionality in mobile apps
- Simplify IT landscapes
- Technology Consultants
At its core, SAP HANA is like a relational database. You should know Database Concepts and should have basic knowledge of SQL before starting SAP HANA.